Monitoring a local UBE

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to monitor the progress of a locally ran ube or just monitor if it is still running? I am trying to find a way to monitor the ube's that run locally on the deployment server when applying an ESU or ASU to an environment.

I am running E1 9.0 TR 8.98.2.1.CPU on all Win2008.

Thanks

I'm guessing at which UBE you're talking about here, but the UBE that runs the longest is likely the R98700 Spec Merge.

If you look the GH9611 menu (Advanced Operations), you should find Specification Merge Status. If you fill in the appropriate fields in the QBE, you can look at the record count for how many objects are left to merge for the ESU you are installing.

Was this what you meant?

Ken,

You are spot on brother! It would be nice to be able to monitor any of them though. I haven't given it a try as the hotel internet is currently down! I will update you when I can get in and give this a try. Thanks for the pointer!

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if it is possible to monitor the progress of a locally ran ube or just monitor if it is still running? I am trying to find a way to monitor the ube's that run locally on the deployment server when applying an ESU or ASU to an environment.

I am running E1 9.0 TR 8.98.2.1.CPU on all Win2008.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe UBE Introspection and Dynamic UBE logging will work:

http://jeffstevenson.karamazovgroup.com/2009/10/ube-introspection-dynamic-ube-logging.html

Jeremy,
If you're installing the ESU or ASU via Change Assistant, you can use the Show Details and then drill down into the particular ESU and look at the Spec Merge task. In the right hand pane, it will show you the status of how many have been merged and how many remain.

Cheers,
Matt

Brother of Karamazov,

Thanks for the article. I remember reading it when you first posted it but had forgoten about it. I re-read it to verify that it only helps with jobs submitted to a server, not locally. Are you aware of any tweaks to be able to do these tasks to UBE's running locally on the deployment server?

Ken,

Can you apply ASU's using Change Assistant, specifically UL1 (E1 9.0 Update 1)? I have never been able to successfully search and find an Update using Change Assistant. ESU's are no problem of course. I guess I have never tried using the downloaded Update from eDelivery and changing the extension from .zip to .par. Has anyone done this?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you aware of any tweaks to be able to do these tasks to UBE's running locally on the deployment server?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was hoping that you would figure it out and let me know.
smirk.gif

Back