E900 Demo with Language

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,

I installed E900 Demo (Oracle Database) in english on my XP workstation without any problem. After uninstalling JDE and Oracle I am now trying to install Demo with portuguese language and I am getting this OEESETUP error:

"D:\Oracle\E1Local\jdedwards\OEESETUP.exe -iD:\Oracle -nE1Local -PLPGtLMQtPG"' failed with exit code 4294967295. Please check disk space, directory and registry permissions and run Setup again.

I then tried to re-install that same english version and I am getting the same error.

My user is in the admin group.

Thanks for any help, Gerd

Are you sure that you completely uninstalled your local Oracle DB? I've seen it happen that some dll was in use while uninstalling, so it still existed on the system. Because of that, new installs of a full package would fail.
After uninstalling local Oracle DB, reboot and delete the oracle DB directory. Then start a new installation.

Thanks Wadie, you´re right.

I WAS sure that the previous Oracle instalation was completely removed, but it wasn´t. There was an oracle\inventory folder under "Program Files". I deleted that and now it installed.

Thanks, Gerd

Back