Need help with adding data to a section...

pbare

Well Known Member
I am using Create!form version 3.2.10.6261 with EnterpriseOne 8.10.

I haven't done a lot of development with Create!forms and am stuck on what seems to be something very simple.

I have a document based on R48425 and my users want to see The Work Order Print - WO Instructions displayed after the Maintenance Work Order Section.

I have tried inserting a section but that doesn't give me the results that I want - I never get to map it to the correct section (unless I have done something incorrect)

I have also tried adding The Instructions by checking it off in the Repagination tab of the Maintenance Work Order Section and this works a little better - it only shows one description rather than the 5 that I need to show (the raw data shows the 5 records)

I would appreciate any insights that anyone can provide for me.

Thanks,
Pam

Go to the properties of the “Maintenance Work Order” section and then go to the “Source” tab. Does adding the “Work Order Print - WO Instructions” as source to that section allow you to get the data positioned on the page where the users want it?

Karen.

I did try that and I am able to add 1 record to the section. I need it to display, in this case, 5 different Record Types and descriptions.

My raw data shows the 5 records but I can only seem to get the first one to display on the report.

Pam

OK, then with that description what you are trying to move is a repeating section. The first occurrence of the section has the first line of WO Instructions, the second occurrence has the 2nd, and so on. Adding it as source to another section won't work in that case.

Let me have a look at some things on my system and I'll see if I can explain what you need to do.

Karen.

I can't tell well enough looking at other JDE PDF's exactly what you'll need to do to move that data in your form project. In the raw data, how many sections are in between the two sections you're trying to get to print next to each other?

If you can send me your form project I'd be glad to take a look.

Karen.

Pam,

Sometimes its difficult to 're sequence' sections in Create!form with JDE PDF files. Especially if its a detail section (or a repeating section) with multiple occurrences (line items).

You really cannot move a detail section to follow or precede another detail section.

If it is to follow or precede a header section, its a little easier but still tricky.

When inserting a section, the behavior of the new section is determined by the type of sections its attached to.

If you attach it to a header or footer section, you'll only get the first line of detail.

If you attach it to a detail section, then each line item from the inserted section will be inserted between line items from the original detail section its attached to. (make sense?)

I have a number of R5548425 PDF files that I looked at and I understand the problem but would need to see your form project (.fpp file) to offer a solution.

I can take a look if you like.

Mark

UserVariables can be used to concatenate the data from the repeating sections into single data variables. You can then "move" that data to different places on the page using inserted sections.

Karen.

While there can be many ways to resolve the same issue in Create!form it is important to implement the most efficient one in terms of forms management, scalability, engine processing, etc.

These types of requests are are best resolved by reviewing the specific PDF file.

I encountered a similar issue. I have two repeating sections that are in sequence with one another. The first repeating section maps out fine in Create!Forms (prints the repeating lines). The second repeating section has a problem. It puts all the repeating lines in just one line (one right after the other - making the line unreadable).
Any advise on how to fix this?

Thank you,
Arnel

For the section that's printing data all on one line what's the section size? Sounds like the section has TextVariable objects and data in it but somehow the size got set to 0 (zero).

Check also that the TextVariable objects have the correct value for line spacing. If line spacing is set to 0 (zero) it will cause all lines to print on top of each other.

Karen.

Arnel,

In addition to Karen's comments, it could also be that the section or objects in the section are set to print at fixed position on the page.

Back