BI Publisher - Print value in page footer on last page

bunni

I have an RTF template to print invoices. The template includes header, footer, and body sections. In the page footer though I only want to print the total field on the last page for each invoice. We still want the rest of the footer to print on every page. For example, if for a given invoice there are 5 pages, we only want to display the total amount on the last page for that invoice.

I've tried setting a variable that will be turned off at the start of the body and back on toward the end of the body. This doesn't work correctly. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better way to approach this?

E1 8.12
SQL Server

Thanks,
Nicole

Hi Nicole,
i have a similar requirement, were you able to figure out how to do this?
If yes, can you tell me how?

If you want the totals to be part of the body, then just add it after the table you're probably using to display the invoice details.

If you want the totals to be part of the footer of the last page, then you have to set up a section that contains "last page" objects.

There are examples in the BIPublisher Desktop install under the samples/RTF Templates/Advanced/LastPage folder. In the user guide, there is a section that details how to set it up in Chapter 5 - Creating an RTF Content, section title is Template Features, sub-section Last Page Only Content.

The examples in the last page folder do not really accomplish what many user/customers need.

The LAST PAGE examples in the BI PUblisher folder, do show how to print LAST PAGE data, but it gives an example where the TOTALS are already in the XML. In many cases, the JDE reports do not have GRAND TOTALS (pick/pack).

REQUIREMENT:
1. Last Page Only
2. Footer of Last Page Only
3. Grand Total that is calculated

ISSUES:
1. Cannot use a variable to store the value, b/c is scope differences between body and header/footer - at least I've not figured out how to get around this.
2. Cannot use add-page-totals, because it resets on every page

Back