My Oracle Support Issues

Nichelle

Well Known Member
Quest, in conjunction with the IOUC, has extablished two methods of reporting issues you are having with the new My Oracle Support website.
First from Quest is this;
Quest just created a forum specifically for customers to chat about this subject. We can compile for Oracle via this mechanism. http://questers.questdirect.org/p/fo/si/topic=1417
Then this will be available from Oracle;
A link to an area on Oracle’s website is being established to address the items and to assist users with any My Oracle Support issues.

Please take the time to report any and all issues you are having, there is strength in numbers. You can also use either of these methods to report any new features or functionality you would like to have. If someone has already reported your issues or requested your wish list item, give that request a thumbs up. The more you report the same issue or request the same item will cause it to move to the top.

This is for you, so use it!.

Migrating from Classic MetaLink to My Oracle Support

A Message from Oracle:

During the weekend of November 6-8, 2009 we migrated Oracle & BEA customers over to My Oracle Support from Classic MetaLink. Many of our customers are using My Oracle Support and are experiencing benefits from this next generation support platform; particularly from the high degree of personalization provided, as well as increased problem avoidance and significantly faster service request creation and resolution.

On Monday, November 9, 2009, some customers experienced issues with registration and slow performance. We’ve resolved the primary issues and now are focusing on assisting customers with isolated migration issues or change-related start-up and usage questions.

If you do experience any issue logging into My Oracle Support, or would like help with the migration instructions please contact us at http://www.oracle.com/support/contact.html.
For registration issues, step-by-step instructions are available from the My Oracle Support Registration FAQ (see “Migrating from Classic MetaLink to My Oracle Support” section). Please note: My Oracle Support requires an Oracle Single Sign-On (SSO) for improved security. As we advised prior to the migration, customers must either verify their Classic MetaLink email address against Oracle's Single Sign-On or create a new Single Sign-On.
Also, for those customers who need to access My Oracle Support in a non-Flash Player environment, an HTML based user interface is available as an alternative from the My Oracle Support login page.

Attached is a Post Migration FAQ document provided by Oracle Support. Please feel free to distribute to all User Groups and members. Oracle will have it posted soon, and will forward the URL Link for us to post on our sites, etc.

This FAQ is designed to be a living document and will be updated often with the latest questions and responses regarding the migration to My Oracle Support. So, attached is the initial version and we would ask to have everyone look to the URL for updates.

Attachments

• 152950-Post_Migration_FAQ_111309 Final.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 129
Hello Nichelle

I thought that I would share with you that this is really the wrong forum for this discussion. This should really be in one of the EnterpriseOne forums. This forum is specifically for news items associated with user group activities and programs.

Thanks

Thanks for replying but you are mistaken when you state this should be on an E1 forum. My Oracle Support is used by all Oracle customers, including JDE World. The information does not specifically pertain to user group activities and programs but I was doing what I could to get the word out. With your involvement with the So Cal User Group you should see to it that this information is distributed among your group. If all user groups would follow suite then the information will be distributed among the masses more quickly.
Information is Power!

Sorry...you are right in that I overlooked World; however, this is still the incorrect forum for this discussion because this is not a user group announcement...it is an announcement to users from a support organization. I say so because I have seen others told the same thing in this forum before and as a RUG Leader, I feel that your announcement is very very important but not really for this forum. I just offered the suggestion to avoid you being embarrassed.

I will post your announcement in our SCUG Group on LinkedIn for you and submit for posting on our SCUG website if you would email me the most up to date annoucement to [email protected]. Additionally, if you consider taking this discussion over to one of the main forums, you will discover that you will get a whole lot larger audience.

Back