R42520 - Reformat XML structure required (Use XSLT?)

PeHoBe

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Pick Slip print to BI Publisher, but apparently the XML is wrongly structured to do this with a simple For-Each@Section command.

In short: the report simply has a repeating number of nodes for all detail lines that are involved in the X number of pick slips printed and the header information (ship-to/sold-to etc...) is captured in a child node of the first detail node of a pick slip.
Visually:
-Root
--PS1/Line1
---PS1/HeaderInfo
--PS1/Line2
--PS1/Line3
--PS2/Line1
---PS2/HeaderInfo
--PS2/Line2
--PS2/Line3

I have the impression I first have to do a transformation (XSLT) of the XML to efficiently process it in Word using a For-Each@Section.

Can anybody shed a light on how to tackle this?

Thanks,

Peter

Found it... The regrouping options did the trick.
1) Regroup: <?for-each-group@section:pickSlipsDetailLinesSection;./PickSlipNr?>
...Print header data...
2) Display detail lines in table: <?for-each:current-group()?>
...Print loop of detail lines...

I hope this may help any of you out there!

Cheers,

Peter

Peter,

May be at wrong time to ask, I am looking help in re grouping concept on Pick Slip XML Data. I coded as you mentioned in your post. It is not working. Can you please post your 2 lines of code here.

Thanks,

Peter, I was trying this as well, and no luck. I've tried the regroup as you mentioned, but not having any luck. Any chance you could send a little snippet of your for loop?

To be more specific...I tried the solution above, but my Pick Slip does not group the detail lines which do not have the Header field with a header record. For example I tried the sample code above, with a pick slip xml document with 2 pick slips. The first pick slip had 1 detail line, the 2nd pick slip has about 10-12 lines. My pick slip looks like this:

PICK SLIP #1
Detail line

PICK SLIP #2
Detail line

PICK SKIP ?
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line
Detail Line

So I cannot figure how to get the Detail lines which do not have a "header record" node as a child grouped with the previous record. The only solution I can think of is to modify the UBE and add the Pick Slip Number to the detail section.

Peter - any thoughts?

Gov,

Do you have the solution for regrouping XML data for Pick Slip Report R42520?.

Back