Blank Page from E1 PDF messing up Output

ssolberg

VIP Member
Here is the issue. For whatever reason, one of JDE's applications (R04572T2, AP EFT Remit Statement) will on occasion place a blank page in their PDF. I know WHY it is doing it (it has to do with if a Supplier is on Pre-Note status so it still produces a check but for some reason puts a blank page in the R04572T2 PDF as well) and although I don't agree with it, I have found an issue with CreateForm when this happens.

If that blank page is ANYWHERE in the PDF except the FIRST page, all is fine and my form correctly processes just fine. For example, if I have 5 pages and page 3 is blank in the raw PDF, I correctly get my 4 forms spit out just fine.

If the FIRST page is blank, the form merges a blank page and nothing else so I get no output except 1 blank page/form. When I look at my form in Designer with this "bad" PDF, indeed, it acts like there are no sections to process so it won't merge things there either.

Anyone run into something like this and is there a way in CreateForm to handle that situation and get it to process/merge correctly? Obviously I want to avoid "fixing" the Oracle app to not print that blank page when it doesn't need to. Oracle does not see this as a problem with their application.

Cform is expecting "something" to be there on the first page. When nothing is there it gets kind of lost.

If you create a new project (just to test with) can you figure out how to "trick" CformDesigner into ignoring the blank page when it's the first page? Can you work any magic with Section Properties > Display Conditions?

Karen.

Back