File Size

Report_Writer

I have an enormous Output file from JDE which is causing issue in my Create form director. The script selectively prints the output based on some parameters. It works fine for smaller files (20 MB or lesser), but seems like taking for ever to start processing with this huge file (457 MB). Does create foirm has any limitation in printing/processing larger files? Any help would be apperciated.

In the Windows printer properties on the CformServer it's always recommended that you use "Start printing after last page is spooled" (on the Advanced tab). That's probably the first thing adding to the delay. The large print job has to finish spooling before CformServer starts to process it. Disabling that option can cause problems with all other jobs though. Especially if CformServer rips through a print job before it has finished spooling to the server.

I don't know of any specific print file size limitations. Maybe its simply that over a certain print file size degrades performance. Is the job in JDE finishing completely before it sends the output to the CformServer? Part of the delay could be waiting for JDE to finish printing to the CformServer. If you have one of the large jobs in WSJ, tell it to print the job again and see how quickly it gets spooled to the CformServer.

Karen.

Back