Printing Issue on New Printer using Accounting

RayRace

We have just installed a bunch of new Xerox Workcenter printers and have turned on the accounting function which requires an account number to be entered to track printing.

When the a Create!Form job is sent to the printer it does not print and a error page is printed telling us that the job was deleted due to an incorrect accounting Id. This even happens when the accounting information is hardcoded in the printer profile. This does not happen when a print job, such as note pad, is sent to the print queue.

So, the question is; Has anyone else out there had experience printing to a printer with the accounting function turned on? If so, how did you fix it.

I'm not sure if it matters but the print job first goes through the create!stream queue.

Thanks

What is the configuration of the Cstream and CformServer3 printers (both the Windows printers and in the CfromServer/Cstream apps)? What Cform software and versions are you running?

I found this info in the System Admin manual for the Xerox WorkCentre 4250/4260 Series printers;
Enable Network Accounting in your Print Driver;
To record print jobs sent to the machine, Accounting must be enabled in the user’s printer driver. NOTE: If Accounting is enabled on the machine but not in the printer driver, any print or LAN fax jobs sent to the machine will be deleted.

When you say "...when the accounting information is hardcoded in the printer profile" are you talking about the configuration in the Xerox Windows printer/driver?

Is the printer configured as a PostScript in CformServer3? If yes then it's not using most of what is configured in the Windows printer driver properties. I think you'll need to configure it somehow so Cstream and CformServer leave "Xerox accounting information" at the beginning of the job stream that gets sent to the printer.

Hope this helps -

Karen.

Back