dcLink - timeout with iseries

Mountain_Dave

Team,

Anyone using the DSI software dcLink? We have an instance currently running with its servers connecting to our iSeries on V5R4 which has World A73C8. The 400 will intermittently drop the connection to the dcLink transerver citing CWBCO1047. I've gone through all of IBM's troubleshooting for this error with no success. Still have the problem.

The route to this server from the iseries is through a switch using the DMZ because the readers interface wirelessly through PDA's which have to connect this way. I'm fairly confident this connection may be the culprit, but am not sure how to test/verify.

DSI has assured me it is the iSeries configuration, yet are unable to point me in the right direction as to what needs to be tweaked in there.

We're also currently in process of upgrading to E1 and I'm hoping this problem will just go away with the upgrade.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This was my assumption as well, I had them upgrade to V5R4 client access. The 400 was recently updated from V5R3 to V5R4, but the timeout issue existed before and still exists unfortunately.

Any update on the solution to this issue Dave? We are seeing something very similar with dcLINK.

Update:

The issue stemmed from our dcLink TranServer being on our DMZ. We had it there because there were pda's connected wirelessly to the database uploading transactions. The pda's weren't secured...we corrected this by adding security to them and moving the TranServer back inside the firewall. Issue resolved.
cool.gif

Back