Create!Form Printing Issues

Matt SF

We have Create!Form Server and Director Version 6.3.0.8208. It is integrated with JD Edwards OneWorld XE. We are sending invoice over emails and printing out hard copies of other invoices.

The problem is once or twice a day we find a invoice that did not print. There are usually 100 of invoices printing and in the middle of those hundred we find 1 or 2 missing. Obviously this is a small amount but a missing invoice can cause major problems.

We have replaced and swapped all the hardware, tested the network connections and everything of that nature. From what we could find it seems that the print spooler does send the job to the printer but nothing prints.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Do your invoices run in batch? Does your Cdirector project split the batch run and then decide when to email or print? Maybe the invoices that are "disappearing" are actually dropping out of the logic in your Cdirector project.

Are you running CformServer v3.2 to merge/print form projects or is CformServer6 doing everything?

Karen.

Here are the answers to your questison. Thanks for the help!!

Do your invoices run in batch?
yes

Does your Cdirector project split the batch run and then decide when to email or print?
yes

Maybe the invoices that are "disappearing" are actually dropping out of the logic in your Cdirector project.
- That has occurred to me. We did have some that were skipped intentionally due to the logic, but then there were some that I had logged as printed that never showed up. (I have a logging step that adds an entry to the database once the action is taken.)

Are you running CformServer v3.2 to merge/print form projects or is CformServer6 doing everything?
We're merging with Server 3.2

Thanks again

Check with Bottomline TechSupport... maybe there is a glitch in v6.3.0.8208 (or your CformServer v3.2) that's been fixed.

I'm currently running CformServer v6.4.0.8556 with CformServer v3.2.27.8111 and have not had anyone report missing documents but I'm not processing jobs like you describe. (If you upgrade be careful of CformServer v3.2.28, Bottomline had me apply that PTF last month and it broke the wrap & keep paragraph formatting in text variables. I needed that to work correctly so I took it off and went back to 3.2.27.)

Karen.

Back