WRKJOBSCDE

Nichelle

Well Known Member
Does anyone happen to know where the wrkjobscde's are stored? I was hoping to be able to copy some records, because the copy function is not available from the display. Thanks in advance.

The job schedule object, QDFTJOBSCD, is in the QUSRSYS library and has an object type of *JOBSCD. You cannot create, delete, rename, or duplicate the job schedule
object, and you cannot move it to any other library.

The job schedule object can be saved with the SAVLIB, SAVOBJ,or SAVCHGOBJ command and then restored with the RSTLIB or RSTOBJ command.

Restoring the job schedule object causes the next submission
date to be updated for each entry. You can restore the job schedule object to the system from which it was saved or to a different system, but you cannot restore it to a library other than QUSRSYS.

If you restore the job schedule object to a different system, the job submission history is cleared in each entry.

You may be able to create a schedule entry duplication program using the QWCLSCDE API.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

you can get to the WRKJOBSCDE info via API'S there is no file info on this objtype.

i do have some code that i have found and used on the internet that i can email you if you would like.

API is as follows

* List the job schedule entries on the system
C Call 'QWCLSCDE'
C Parm UserSpace
C Parm 'SCDL0200' ListFormat
C Parm JobScdEnt
C Parm ContHandle
C Parm Error_Code

TAATOOLS has a few commands related to JOBSCDE if you have TAATOOLS there is a CPY, RTV and such.

let me know if you don't have it and want more info on what i used.

Back