JDE Object Browser Beta

craig_welton

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hello all,

There is a beta release of the JDE object browser available for download at http://www.patwel.com/downloads

The new features are an APPL launcher and APPL spec browser including ER. These were more ambitious undertakings, so I'm hoping some kind folks would be willing to help run it through it's paces and provide feedback.

thanks a lot,
Craig

Hi Craig, I just googled for a JDE object browser and found your website.

I downloaded the beta version and I have to say that I really like what I see so far.

This seems easy to use and the code is presented in a very clean way.

Can't wait for the UBE browser to work !

Thanks for all the hard work !

Thanks for the kind words. I'm working on the UBE spec browsing right now.

FYI - Check out JDETrace for help analyzing the jdedebug.log

Hello all,

The latest JDE Object Browser beta release now features UBE spec browsing. You can also export these specs to HTML or text (right click on the UBE/Section/Object). Please let me know if you come across any problems.

http://www.patwel.com/downloads

thanks,
Craig

very nice software.
i downloaded it for the test BSFN feature, and found out about nice other features like spec browsing of business views.

Quick suggestion for the test bsfn :
right now it doesnt seem to make a difference if you enter "abcd " or "abcd" (without ending blank character), whereas the BSFNs sometimes make a difference.
Another suggestion :
I couldnt find a way to export the input parameters to the clipboard or to a text file, only to your custom file format. This could be useful for documentation for example, once you've found the right parameters.

Good ideas. I will incorporate them very soon.

thanks a lot for the feedback,
Craig

reivilo78,

I'm not seeing the issue you mentioned with the trailing spaces. They are being sent to the BSFN. See attached ... the string passed in is [abcdefg ] looking for the [ ] character. The function finds the first trailing space in position 7.

Perhaps it is the function you're calling that is trimming the parameter?

Craig

Attachments

• 153287-trailingspaces.jpg
    153287-trailingspaces.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 160
Back