Printing media object text on a csv report

jriccio

I have a report request that includes the notes field from SOE (GT4211A).
No problem. I've done it many times in the past and it prints to the .pdf without issue but this user needs his output in a .csv file and in this case this seems to be presenting me a problem. The full text of the media object prints multiple times....I think it is the carriage returns that are causing it but I don't know.

Already tried removing the comma's from the text thinking they might be messing up a csv file but that did not fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

jriccio,

What about parsing the text attachment and cutting it up into chunks of a specific maximum size then puting this into successive lines in your CSV. During the parsing you can remove commas etc.

I have previously posted, as an attachment, some ER to parse text (post 69449, download attachment to 69449). Since I tend to use this a lot, during my "spare" time, I am in the process of writing a NER business function to do it. When I have finished I will make it available on the downloads forum.

Hi jriccio,

First of all, welcome aboard of JDEList.

Try to bracket the media object content with double quotes (").
Maybe this helps.
Please, let us know your results, if you tried this. Thanks.

Regards & Good Luck,

Zoltán

The link you sent for post 69449 does not seem to be the correct post. Could you double check the number?

No rush and thanks in advance for your time. The help is appreciated.

Back