Change user status to enabled

mburnham

Running XE (B7333). This is really silly, but I can't change a user's status to "enabled" that's set "disabled".

I'm in "User Security", go to "Row->Revise Security" I can set the user to "Enabled" but when I click OK, it's not retained.

The admin left our company, so I'm stuck with this. Do I not have permissions to do this?

Thanks much in advance for any information!

- Mark

Mark

It sounds like you do not have permission to do this. However, you might have permission to check your permissions ! See if you can access P00950 and see if your group/user has any access to P0092 or P98OWSEC...

I have seen this in the past where it would work signed into Prod but not any other environment. Have you tried doing this from another environment?

DeRay

I would try
-look into jde.log
-turn on debug, look into jdedebug.log
-if urgent, use SQL update F98OWSEC
good luck

Mark,

I've run into that once before as well. Besides the other stuff listed, as a final resort you can try these last two measures.

1) Delete and recreate the security record for the user.

2) If that doesn't work, create a new user id and security record for the user. If you do this, leave the existing ID in the disabled status, that would mantain the audit trail of the user's transactions.

- Gregg

The last time I ran into this issue was because the user we setup to do it did not have access to the environment that was specified in the DefaultEnviroment variable of the [SECURITY] stanza of the server JDE.INI.

For example, if the DefaultEnvironment variable is set to PD7333 but you only have access to WPD7333 then even though you have access to the application you will not be allowed to change the security record. You would need to add PD7333 to the list available environments your role or user id can log into. Once you have access to what is specified in the DefaultEnvironment variable you should be able to change it in any environment then.

[SECURITY]
DataSource=System - 812
User=JDE
Password=xxxx
Default Role=*ALL
DefaultEnvironment=PD812
SecurityServer=SERVERNAME
ServerPswdFile=TRUE
History=1

Back