OMW Project default settings

ADM

Hi guys,

I would like to create a project in OMW and have certain 'Owners' added automatically every time. Is this possible?

You don't mention your platform, so I will keep this generic. I haven't done this, but here is what popped into my head when I read your post.

Do a table trigger on INSERT into F98220 (Project Master) to load certain users into F98221.

The issue with these types of customizations is that it works fine until you need to change the users involved. If you hard code the users into the trigger you will be updating the trigger each time a user comes or goes. To avoid this requires a custom table to hold the valid users which means a custom application to maintain the table which means the users forget to use the application to maintain the table which means....

Wow did this spin off into a dark tunnel.
smile.gif

Seriously, I think it depends how fluid your development environment is, what the audit/security requirements are, and how much time you want to spend solving the finger pointing from miscommunications. Typically, you want only essential owners which requires someone else to talk to that person before stealing the object or token out of the project.

Jer

Jer,

I am sorry I don't know why the signature line didn't appear. It had all the system related information. But just in case it happens again:
8.11 Base
8.96 Tools
iSeries
DB2/400

Back