Export Folder Per Environment

elans

I am in need of configuring an "Export" folder for each of the environments. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Yes it does. It rings three bells (one for each environment). Why do you ask?

The Export folder is set up for each pathcode. So if you have a different pathcode for each environment, you will have a separate Export folder for each environment too.

[ QUOTE ]
The Export folder is set up for each pathcode. So if you have a different pathcode for each environment, you will have a separate Export folder for each environment too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what all is involved in setting them up? just creating a folder in the environment folders on the deployment server?

many thanks.

The export folder may need to be created on the enterprise server and any fat clients that will be using it, I'm not sure if the process will automatically create the folder(s).

Thus:

<JDE Home>\<pathcode>\export

for example:

c:\E811\PD811\export

For 1099 IRS filing purpose, I do that at fat client. Just created a folder, i.e., d:\b7\PD7334\export
R8904515OW will create a text file "IRSTAX" at export folder. no knowledge on server side

[ QUOTE ]
For 1099 IRS filing purpose, I do that at fat client. Just created a folder, i.e., d:\b7\PD7334\export
R8904515OW will create a text file "IRSTAX" at export folder. no knowledge on server side

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. That did work on the development client side. I'm still in the dark about the server side. We have a cluster setup so...

Cluster has database and logic server
Deployment server is seperate
JAS server is seperate

Thanks!

Back