What are DT_SETPROPERTYBYID, DT_DROPUSEROBJECTBYID and MICROSOFTDTPROPERTIES?

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

The following procedures and the table referenced by them are in our JDE databases, test and production, in the owner PSFTDBA - these objects are not custom. Does anyone know why they are there, or what they are for. Recently we had a compile error relating to the procedure DT_SETPROPERTYBYID and the declaration statement: X NUMBER(40). The DBA says that maximum value is 38 not 40. Can we change the value so that it will compile. Can we delete the three objects? The table is empty.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE DT_SETPROPERTYBYID(PARAM_ID IN NUMBER,
PARAM_PROPERTY IN VARCHAR2,
PARAM_VALUE IN VARCHAR2,
PARAM_LVALUE IN LONG RAW) AS
BEGIN
DECLARE
X NUMBER(40);
BEGIN
SELECT COUNT(*)
INTO X
FROM MICROSOFTDTPROPERTIES
WHERE OBJECTID = PARAM_ID
AND PROPERTY = PARAM_PROPERTY;
IF X = 0 THEN
INSERT INTO MICROSOFTDTPROPERTIES
(ID, PROPERTY, OBJECTID, VALUE, LVALUE, VERSION)
VALUES
(MICROSOFTSEQDTPROPERTIES.NEXTVAL,
PARAM_PROPERTY,
PARAM_ID,
PARAM_VALUE,
PARAM_LVALUE,
0);
ELSE
UPDATE MICROSOFTDTPROPERTIES
SET VALUE = PARAM_VALUE,
LVALUE = PARAM_LVALUE,
VERSION = VERSION + 1
WHERE OBJECTID = PARAM_ID
AND PROPERTY = PARAM_PROPERTY;
END IF;
END;
END DT_SETPROPERTYBYID;

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE DT_DROPUSEROBJECTBYID(PARAM_ID IN NUMBER) AS
BEGIN
DELETE FROM MICROSOFTDTPROPERTIES WHERE OBJECTID = PARAM_ID;
END DT_DROPUSEROBJECTBYID;

These SEEM to be Peoplesoft objects - though I might be wrong. Did you ever have peoplesoft installed ?

What version of E1 are you running - and did you perform an upgrade recently ? Perhaps they're leftover objects ?!

As for "DT" - I'm not sure - and its a total guess whether its a peoplesoft object or not. Are these even being accessed ? Try to get some logs on the database - my guess is they've been left over from something if you are sure they're not custom.

Jon, Larry,

Thanks for you responses.

Jon,

I am puzzled too.

[ QUOTE ]
These SEEM to be Peoplesoft objects - though I might be wrong. Did you ever have peoplesoft installed ?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have NEVER had the Peoplesoft application installed only JDE under its variety of names.

[ QUOTE ]
What version of E1 are you running - and did you perform an upgrade recently ? Perhaps they're leftover objects ?!

[/ QUOTE ]

From my signature - which is up to date:

[ QUOTE ]
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne,
E8.11sp1 8.97.2.1, ES Sun, Oracle DB 9207, Websphere 6 Win2K3.
Forms: Create!form Server 3/Server 6

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time we did an software upgrade was about 30 months ago when we upgraded from Xe to 8.11 sp1. I am fairly certain these objects have been around since then. I agree that they are left over. But from what they are left over, I have no idea. When we did that upgrade Oracle either had not gobbled up Peoplesoft or had just done so. The JDE user id for logging into the planner environment is psft.

We also upgraded our Tools Release last year from 8.96 to 8.97. But I think, but I'm not sure, these objects were around before then.

[ QUOTE ]
As for "DT" - I'm not sure - and its a total guess whether its a peoplesoft object or not. Are these even being accessed ? Try to get some logs on the database - my guess is they've been left over from something if you are sure they're not custom.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table is empty and I'm fairly certain they are not being accessed. I'll ask our DBAs to check any logs.

The table name refers to Microsft DT properties. I have no idea what they are. The database is Oracle and is hosted on a Sun Unix box. So there is no reference to Microsoft there.

The other thing that is very puzzling is that the procedure DT_SETPROPERTYBYID is compiled without any errors on our production system. When we refreshed our test system from production, this procedure failed to compile in the test system with the problems I mentioned in my original post. We have done this refresh before without any problems. But I think this is the first refresh since we upgraded the Tools Release, so it may be related to that after all, but I have no idea why or how these objects would be needed or used. I'll contact the consultant who helped us with the Tools Releas upgrade and see if he knows anything.

I have an SR with Oracle on this but have not heard back yet.

At the moment it is just an irritation, but we are just about to upgrade our database from 9 to 10 and it may become more of a problem then.

DT = Distributed Transaction ? Just a quick thought, but maybe you had some sort of Microsoft Distributed Transaction Co-ordinator installed at some point ?

Jon,

I googled MICROSOFTDTPROPERTIES and came up with some interesting, if not confusing (it is above my understanding of database in general and Oracle in particular) results.

There is a Mircosoft Knowledge Base/Help and Support Article (ref 247828) that I found that attempts to explain the situation. From an HP Forum Post it appears that these objects as well as a 4th object get created (I'm not sure if it is by Oracle or not) when Microsoft Access is used with a Oracle ODBC driver to access the database, or users connect with the database using MS Visio, etc.

With my limited understanding of the above, I'm guessing that I can remove these objects and they will be recreated if needed. Can you (Jon, or anyone else) confirm whether this the case or not, please.

Back