HTML Client error after applied 8.97

EDGARCIA

Hi,

My Web server was 8.12/8.96 and worked well.
I applied the tools release 8.97 (by Server Manager).
Now, when I log in dont show menus and if I type a application in the fast path, it dont run.
Log:
JdeServerListener can not listen on port 6014
Create the jdeServerrListener JdeNetException Cannot' listen on the port :6014 com.jdedwards.system.net.JdeNetException: Cannot' listen on the port :6014

Tks any help

You cannot go to a new HTML Server base release (8.96.n.n to 8.97.n.n , 8.97.n.n to 8.98.n.n, etc) by upgrading using SM. Although SM will allow you to apply the new TR, this will not work. I have asked Oracle to SAR this as SM should not allow you to do something that simply will not work.

A new base release of HTML server requires a complete build (or rebuild) of the web system.

One can still apply a dot-release (going from 8.97 to 8.97.1 or 8.97.1.1) using SM and it will work.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

My Web server was 8.12/8.96 and worked well.
I applied the tools release 8.97 (by Server Manager).
Now, when I log in dont show menus and if I type a application in the fast path, it dont run.
Log:
JdeServerListener can not listen on port 6014
Create the jdeServerrListener JdeNetException Cannot' listen on the port :6014 com.jdedwards.system.net.JdeNetException: Cannot' listen on the port :6014

Tks any help

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

One can still apply a dot-release (going from 8.97 to 8.97.1 or 8.97.1.1) using SM and it will work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Additionally you may do full releases using server manager from 8.97 onwards, e.g. you may use SM to fully update a 8.97 HTML/Ent Server/RTE/etc to 8.98

Back