Can't erase a checkout

pduncan

pduncan

Can\'t erase a checkout

I have a table (F4801) that is checked out to a user who no longer exists – there account is not disabled – it just does not exist.
In OMW, I tried to add the table to my default project, and then erase the checkout – but that was not an option.

I thought (from my training at Oracle) I could perhaps SQL it –
If my notes are correct, F9861 Object Librarian Detail, if the table had SISTCE=3 it was checked out. Problem is, I can not find the table as being checked out.

When I run this:
select * from OBJ7334.F9861
where SIOBNM = 'F4801' and SISTCE = 3
- nothing is returned

When I run this:
select * from obj7334.F9861
where SIOBNM = 'F4801' and SISTCE = 1
- I get a return for each environment (in our case DV7334, PD7334 and PY7334)

Anyway – is the correct way to handle this is to just copy it to my default project (which I have done), and then simply check it out and then back in?

(I really need an OMW class)

Thanks in advance – and if I didn’t make sense I am a noob CNC

Here is hte News/Status details from OMW
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>

OMW Object Librarian Object Status
------Summary------
Name: F4801
Description: Work Order Master File
Product Code: 48
Product System Code: 48
Creation Date:
Release: B7334
---Location Info---
Path Codes: DV7334, PD7334, PY7334
Saved?: No
Date of Save:
User who saved object:
---Checkout Info---
Checked out?: Yes
Date:
User: NBEATON2
Machine: RTNMEMTS01
Project: NBEATON2
----Token Info----
Does this project hold the token?: No
How many projects are waiting for token?: 0
Is this project inheriting its token?: No
If Project does not have token:
Is this project in the queue?: No
What is this project's place in queue: 0
Project that has token: NBEATON2
</pre><hr />

Re: Can\'t erase a checkout

The object status will be in the F98222 table (OMW Project Objects).

POOMWCOST - Object Management Object Status (UDC H92/OS) - this will be a '03' on an object that is checked out.

POOMWCHS - OMW Checkout Status - This is the token status.

-Camilla

Its not advisable to check-in check-out standard objects unless you want to really change it.

You should Erase check out if you find any such instance.

Chan

Forgot to add this.
Add the table into some temporary project and you should be able to erase checkout. still not then get a administrator userid and you should be able to.

Chan

I tried to add the table to my default project (I have full rights according to our consultant) but am still unable to erase checkout.

Since checking out/in isnt a safe option for me, what about the SQL route?

Would this work?

update table SYS7334.F98222
set POOMWOST = 1
where POOMWOST = 3 and POOMWOBJID = 'F4801'

pduncan,

Chan suggested creating a NEW project, moving the object to the new project and then erasing the checkout, not erasing the checkout in the project where it is currently - as you said, you can't do this. You will probably have to promote the new project to the same status (most likely 21) as the non-existing user's default project first. Once the checkout has been erased, the object can be removed from the new project and the new project can be promoted to complete or deleted.

Other options would be:

1) Create the non-exising user temprarily, erase the checkout and remove all objects from the users default project, then remove the user again.

2) I think it may be possible to add yourself to the non-existing user's default project as a PVC admin. Then you should be able to erase the checkout and remove all other object from the project.

3) Absolute Last Resort: Use SQL to erase all checkouts and remove all objects from the non-existing user's default project.

Back