Securing Environment and Role selection on Web Client

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello,

I would like to secure the Environment and Role selection screen on the web client. We have set the default environment on the web server, however, we have some special environments set up that we do not wish to allow access to via the general web client. What is happening is that a user does not have access to the default environment on the web server, and it is set for read only, so they can't change it (which is what we want), however, if the user enters their name and password, they get prompted to select a valid environment and role. I wish to secure them from being able to access this functionality on the web client, but I can't determine which application this is. I tried securing the P9881, but that did not work... Bascially, we only want people that have access to the default environment configured on the server to be able to log into EnterpriseOne on that server.

Thanks...

Server Manager or not?

If prior to JAS.ini:

To use the new default environment options you will need to add a default Environment to your OWWEB section of your JAS.INI eg DefaultEnvironment=JDV7333

Add the following setting to your LOGIN section of the JAS.INI DisplayEnvironment=[Show|Hidden|ReadOnly|UseDefault]

If a Default Environment has been set this value will be used to populate the environment field of the login screen.

If this default value is blanked out the user will see the Environment selection screen if
DisplayEnvironment=Show or if DisplayEnvironment is not present.

If DisplayEnvironment=Hidden the environment text box will not be displayed and the user will be logged in with the default environment. They will not see the env selection screen in this case.

If DisplayEnvironment=ReadOnly the env text box will be present and populated with the default environment.

The user will not be able to change the environment and they will not see the environment selection screen.

If DisplayEnvironment=UseDefault the env text box will be present and populated with the default environment.

If the user blanks out the env in the text box the user will be logged in directly with the default environment anyway and will not see the environment selection screen.

Example:

[OWWEB]
DefaultEnvironment=JDV812
DefaultRole=*ALL

[LOGIN]
DisplayEnvironment=Hidden

If you are using Server Manager, search around the settings for the JAS instance and you'll find it in there.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I would like to secure the Environment and Role selection screen on the web client. We have set the default environment on the web server, however, we have some special environments set up that we do not wish to allow access to via the general web client. What is happening is that a user does not have access to the default environment on the web server, and it is set for read only, so they can't change it (which is what we want), however, if the user enters their name and password, they get prompted to select a valid environment and role. I wish to secure them from being able to access this functionality on the web client, but I can't determine which application this is. I tried securing the P9881, but that did not work... Bascially, we only want people that have access to the default environment configured on the server to be able to log into EnterpriseOne on that server.

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello,

Actually, we have our environment set to read only... Here is the issue, I apologize for not being more clear. We have created a new environment for our portal users, there were some very specific reasons for doign this. The portal environment is JDV812P. The environment on the JAS server is set to read only, the environment we have conifgured here is JDV812. Many of the users on portal will never us the normal JAS server. However, we tested the scenario: What if they were to log in? This is the behavior we are experiencing, we log in as the user, they are not assigned the default environment, so we are prompted to select one of their valid environments. We are then able to log in just fine....

So, setting the environment to read only does not work... I will test out setting it to hidden.

Matthew

Back