JD Edwards E9.0 Standalone Oracle Database Access

KingS1

Hi All,

I have installed JDE E9.0 Standalone on windows 2003 server with Oracle database. The applications are running fine. I would like to know how can I access the backend Oracle database through SQL.

If anyone has had such a requirement, what is the default username/password and hoststring to connect to the E9.0 Oracle database. Also any suggestions on creating an ODBC connection to access JDE data from other software.

Thanks in Advance

Hi,
In the start menu you will see the oracle E1, under which there will be four option, first option application development under which you can see the SQl Plus promot, click on it. It will open the Open the sql query languagge screen, Use JDE JDE @ E1Local as the host string and try to login it should work, then you can see the jde table.
by using the sql query.

Regards
PVD

You can also use user:JDEDATA900 PASSWORD:JDEDATA900 to access, or JDEDD900@JDEDD900 JDECTL900@JDECTL900 etc. except JDE@JDE.

I have no the default password for sys, but can revise the password for sys,
1. replace the first line in sqlnet.ora (d:\Oracle\E1Local\NETWORK\ADMIN):
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS)

2. restart Oracle Services

3. Start -->Run --> CMD

sqlplus /nolog

connect / as sysdba

alter user sys identified by oracle --This "oracle" is password for sys

Thanks Guys...It works and I was also able to create an ODBC and access jde data from other application.

For SSE, Microsoft has the SQL Server Management Express Tool which will allow you to see the databases and tables, and query on them. You'll probably want to use Windows Authentication, assuming you are an Administrator on your own machine.

Back