Are you missing records in the F1307?

badda_bing

Well Known Member
Just thought I would post about an interesting bug we recently found, as I can't seem to find the details of this anywhere on JDEList or Metalink, in a hope it will save someone from trawling through all of the logs we had to in order to find it.

We had a large number of records disappear from the F1307 (Wo Status History File), out of 7.1 million records we lost 6.5 million of them in a single hit. Obviously this caused a bit of a panic. However all backups worked and we managed to recover all lost data.

We have managed to track this down to a bug in Fixed Assets of all places. We had a blank record in the F1201, we have no idea how it got there and it definitely should not be there. When I say blank it had no data except for a couple of the audit block fields populated.

A user spotted this, it appeared as the first record in the grid in P1204, and decided to delete it. The result is that it deletes all records in the F1307 with a 0 in the F1NUMR field ie All Work Order status change history for Work Orders not raised against an Asset. In our case this was 6.5 million records.

Obviously the blank record should never have been in the F1201 in the first place, but by deleting it with P1204 it should never delete all of the WO history records as it has done.

For anyone interested in the details, the Delete button in P1204 calls “N1200010 - F1201ProcessMasterData function” which calls “B1300020 - F1307 Update Asset Status” that performs the delete.

Lesson learned; If you ever spot a blank record in the P1204, delete it using SQL.

Hope this helps someone.

Back