Index generation into Oracle DB

Kieran

Kieran

Hi all

I've noticed that when I generate indexes on a table from OMW that the indexes go into the JDE schema (probably because I am signed on as JDE) rather that the same schema as the table.

I've noticed this in a few Oracle DB sites and I wonder if it is something missing from the F986115 table.

When I run it with debug on I can't see any thing and I get the following statement (i'm trying to generate the F91300 table into the SUK7334 schema)

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX F91300_0 ON SUK7334.F91300 (SJSCHJBNM ASC) tablespace suk7334i

If I change it to this, then it puts the index in the correct schema.

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX SUK7334.F91300_0 ON SUK7334.F91300 (SJSCHJBNM ASC) tablespace suk7334i

I could try siging on as the schema user that I'm generating into or modify the SQL statements to include the schema name, but that is a pain.

Any suggestions on how to make this work from Oneworld?

Thanks
kieran

Kieran,

I haven't done this for a while, if I remember correctly, in OMW, you have to enter the database owner/schema and password to generate the index. I am guessing that you are using the owner/schema JDE in stead of SUK7334. Try using the owner/schema SUK7334 and see how you go.

If I'm "barking up the wrong tree", please let me know.

Hope this helps.

It's buried.
Go to database data sources.
Select the data source in question.
Go to the Sizing exit.
Select your default sizing (or for the specific object if you have overrides)
On that screen there is a entry for table and index tablespaces.

Back