QBE column headings wrong on P98305

pduncan

pduncan

Hi - we are on ERP 8, B7334, SP23 (yes, it's old) - ALL windows based

Our terminal server crashed today. Now whenever someone uses P98305 work with Batch Versions, the QBE column headings are off.
Instead of "Version" it says "A" and instead on "Version Title" it says "D".

Also if you select a UBE to run, the Processing Options checkbox captions are not listed.

I tried to rectify by redeploying the last PD update package to the term serv, but that did not help.

Any ideas?

Two other options that might work for you also. 1) install the last PD Full Build as long as the updates were tagged to it they will be included 2) if you have more than one TS, copy the PD specs from a server that works correctly to the one that does not. Just make a backup copy of the destination specs. That would be the fastest solution IF the specs work on the source server. Then you can do the new PD Full Build on the weekend and install on all applicable servers when you probably will not have to worry about much down time.

Thank you for the help.

Last night I deployed the last full package and then the updates (in order) since the last full. This has corrected the problem. (So I guess the spec was corrupted when the TS crashed?)

Question (sorry - kind of new to CNC) - I was reading on Oracle's knowledge garden and came across this:

"one option may be to run the R92TAM & R98CRTGL reports.
This will re-generate all the specs that may be corrupt, avoiding re-generating them with JITI, which could produce corrupted specs."

Is one method preferable over the other, or is it more situational dependent? Seems easier to just (re)deploy.

Thanks

Back