Adding an option to Solution Explorer menu

kread

I'm trying to add a report to a custom menu and it's not showing up for the users. We use solution explorer menus.

I added the item, check the F9000 tables and saw it there. I activated the task and can see it on my fat client. My users are on Citrix and can't see it. Is there a process to promote it to the Citrix users that I'm missing?

It's been ages since we've had to change menus here. We're on XE.

Thanks,
Kelly

If your security model is all doors closed, the menu option will not be visible to end users until security has been granted to that group/role/user.

The other alternative is menus are enviroment specific so if you added the menu option in DV, it will only be visible there. You will need to make the same menu change in the other environments or copy them up.

Try this:

Right click the task and select Task Revisions...
On Task Revisions, select Roles from Form menu.
On Task Where Used, click Find, highlight parent task, then hit Select.
On Role Definition, the roles that do not have a check mark are fine cut out of the task.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kelly,

Solution Explorer menus in XE are environment specific and NOT controlled by OMW. You will have to use the "record copy" function in the content development task view to move the menu from DV to PY to PD. If you multiple PYs, you will need to manually copy it to each PY environments. OMW is so much simpler.....

I will send you (offline) a copy of a white paper I wrote four years ago that has the steps documented (see page six) as well as some other tips to managing Solution Explorer menus. The paper was published in the May/June 2005 edition of JDEtips Journal. Paid subscribers can also downloaded it from the JDEtips.com document library.

- Gregg

Back