8.98 Auto Gen Errors

cncjunior1

Reputable Poster
Hello List,

Last week we applied 8.98.0.6 to our 8.12 DV and PY path codes and of course the next day Oracle announces a one off patch for that particular release. Go figure. We applied the patch to our systems but we are facing issues on certain UBEs, both standard UBEs and custom UBEs, that are not able to be auto generated from the web server. If you try to submit them, after clicking on the Submit button an error pops up saying "Could not load report. Please use the latest java generator to load the report." This happens for the same UBEs in both DV and PY, which run on separate AS/400s. The JAS instances are running on the same DV/PY web server, just different containers obviously. Has anyone run into any similiar issues? Oracle hasn't been able to find anything on this yet. This issue happens on both the JAS clients and local web dev clients.

Our 8.98 Web server is running on OAS 10.1.3.4 on Windows and the Enterprise servers are AS/400s running V5R4.

Here are some of the messages from the logs from the Web server. We're looking to roll back to our 8.96.2.2 release and I'll probably create another path code to figure this out on so we can eventually move forward with upgrading our Tools Release.

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,323 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [METADATA] Unable to create a UTF-16 String from UTF8 encoded byte array. Data stored in blob field is not the correct encoded String (or not a string at all)! java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
at com.peoplesoft.pt.e1.metadata.common.utilities.GZIPInflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:134)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,323 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [METADATA] Errors unmarshalling the following document:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RDASPEC Report="R42500" Version="RIS0002" xmlns:et="http://peoplesoft.com/e1/metadata/v1.0/erptypes" xmlns="http://peoplesoft.com/e1/metadata/v1.0"><RDARecord><RDAReport PropertyFlags="4" ReportFlags="0" POTemplate="T42500" DSName="R42500" SourceStyleFlags="0" LimitRowsValue="0" ScaleFactor="0" NextTextID="336" SubSysWaitTime="0"><RDAPrintInfo PageSize="1" PageWidth="12240" PageHeight="15840" PageSource="1" PageOrientation="1" RDAServerString1="HP LaserJet III" RDAPrinterType="1" RDAQueueName="E1SHPS"/><et:JdeLogFont height="-9" orientation="0" charSet="0"/></RDAReport></RDARecord></RDASPEC>

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,339 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [METADATA] Cause exception com.peoplesoft.pt.e1.base.metadata.exception.SerializationException: CastorAccess_MarshalException.
at com.peoplesoft.pt.e1.metadata.common.utilities.GZIPInflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,339 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [METADATA] JDESpec error code = SPEC_DATA_CREATE_FAILURE com.peoplesoft.pt.e1.base.metadata.dataAccess.JDESpecException: MetaData object could not be created.

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,339 [WARN ] BRIANL - [RUNTIME] RDASPEC error for sections of R42500_RIS0001
21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,354 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [GENERATOR] Cause exception com.peoplesoft.pt.e1.base.metadata.dataAccess.JDESpecException: MetaData object could not be created.

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,354 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [GENERATOR] JavaGen error code = SPEC_ACCESS_ERROR com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.JavaGenException: JDESpecException Occurred! Error Message : MetaData object could not be created.

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,354 [WARN ] BRIANL - [RUNTIME] JDESpecException Occurred! Error Message : MetaData object could not be created.
21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,354 [WARN ] BRIANL - [RUNTIME] JDESpecException Occurred! Error Message : MetaData object could not be created. com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.JavaGenException: JDESpecException Occurred! Error Message : MetaData object could not be created.

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,370 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [WEBJITI_ERROR] Demand generation failed for REPORTSEL-R42500-RIS0001: null
21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,370 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [WEBJITI_ERROR] Demand generation failed for REPORTSEL-R42500-RIS0001: null com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [WEBJITI_ERROR] Demand generation failed for REPORTSEL-R42500-RIS0001: null
com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [WEBJITI_ERROR] Demand generation failed for REPORTSEL-R42500-RIS0001: null
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.callWebJiti(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecByUserAndLanguageInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecByUserAndLanguage(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.getPersonalSpec(Unknown Source)

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,370 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [JAS] JDBException caught in NetManager.getSpec(): | An error occured when trying to get the serialized spec object, User Name : BRIANL, Environment : PY812, Role : *ALL com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [WEBJITI_ERROR] Demand generation failed for REPORTSEL-R42500-RIS0001: null
com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [WEBJITI_ERROR] Demand generation failed for REPORTSEL-R42500-RIS0001: null
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.callWebJiti(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecByUserAndLanguageInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecByUserAndLanguage(Unknown Source)

21 Apr 2009 13:31:24,370 [SEVERE] BRIANL - [RUNTIME] DataSelSeqEngine.loadDataSelInfo(): Error Loading Data Selection Info | Report: R42500_RIS0001 Error Message: <Errors on JAS: >, Error list: :
mError: 431
mSubText:
mAlphaDescriptionTemplate: JAS_MSG431: Fetch serialized object failed. Please contact your system administrator.
mGlossaryTextTemplate:
mErrorLevel: 1
mIdItem: -1
mFileName: null
mLineNumber: 0

Error Message: <Errors on JAS: >, Error list: :
mError: 431
mSubText:
mAlphaDescriptionTemplate: JAS_MSG431: Fetch serialized object failed. Please contact your system administrator.
mGlossaryTextTemplate:
mErrorLevel: 1
mIdItem: -1
mFileName: null
mLineNumber: 0

at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.throwJASServiceException(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.getPersonalSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.version.DataSelSeqEngine.loadDataSelInfo(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.version.DataSelSeqEngine.getDataSelectionSpecs(Unknown Source)

Thank you

Did you "apply" 8.98 using to your JAS instances using SM or did you build new instances using 8.98?

If you built new instances did you truncate the serialized objects tables or do a full gen?

[ QUOTE ]
Hello List,

Last week we applied 8.98.0.6 to our 8.12 DV and PY path codes and of course the next day Oracle announces a one off patch for that particular release. Go figure. We applied the patch to our systems but we are facing issues on certain UBEs, both standard UBEs and custom UBEs, that are not able to be auto generated from the web server. If you try to submit them, after clicking on the Submit button an error pops up saying "Could not load report. Please use the latest java generator to load the report." This happens for the same UBEs in both DV and PY, which run on separate AS/400s. The JAS instances are running on the same DV/PY web server, just different containers obviously. Has anyone run into any similiar issues? Oracle hasn't been able to find anything on this yet. This issue happens on both the JAS clients and local web dev clients.

Our 8.98 Web server is running on OAS 10.1.3.4 on Windows and the Enterprise servers are AS/400s running V5R4.

Here are some of the messages from the logs from the Web server. We're looking to roll back to our 8.96.2.2 release and I'll probably create another path code to figure this out on so we can eventually move forward with upgrading our Tools Release.

Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

This smacks of data corruption:

>>Unable to create a UTF-16 String from UTF8 encoded byte array. Data stored in blob field is not the correct encoded String (or not a string at all)!

If you think the blob is probably OK I'd check your data sources to ensure that the 'translate CCSID 65535' parameter is set correctly.

Just a thought.

Tom Davidson

[ QUOTE ]
Did you "apply" 8.98 using to your JAS instances using SM or did you build new instances using 8.98?

If you built new instances did you truncate the serialized objects tables or do a full gen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I deployed 8.98 to brand new containers via SM to a new install of OAS 10.1.3.4. I've cleared the serialized object tables, built full packages and tried full gens, all of the above didn't work. The fact that it happens for both the web client and local web dev client points me to believe it's a bug on their end with the java programs that run the auto gen for the web server piece.

[ QUOTE ]
If you think the blob is probably OK I'd check your data sources to ensure that the 'translate CCSID 65535' parameter is set correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The web clients connect via JDBC so playing with the ODBC connections won't help here. The UBEs run fine when submitting from a fat client so I don't think it's a case of corruption of the RDASPECs themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I deployed 8.98 to brand new containers via SM to a new install of OAS 10.1.3.4. I've cleared the serialized object tables, built full packages and tried full gens, all of the above didn't work. The fact that it happens for both the web client and local web dev client points me to believe it's a bug on their end with the java programs that run the auto gen for the web server piece.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, missed the part about the webdev client, my mistake.

The auto discovery for the webdev client is quite new so I would not be surprised to see some issues with the code.

We encountered the same error when we started testing 8.98.0.4. At the time, we had to apply JK14530 and JK14534 and do the special instructions. The "automated" special instructions did not work as expected so we had to manually be sure all special instructions were done.

I found that we only got the error message if I was selecting a UBE from the menu that would normally take the user to the versions list. UBE's that did not go to the versions list worked. And I could go to BV and run UBE's. This sounds like the same problem, hope this helps.

Well, I just installed those ESUs along with JK17733, which enables additiona 8.98 functionality, and still get the errors. It doesn't matter how I try to submit the UBEs, wheather it's from BV or blindly from a menu, the same select UBEs still won't auto generate.

I have this problem with an application.
[WEBJITI_ERROR] Demand generation failed for APP-P7606B-W7606BD.
This application runs ok in fat client, but dont generate automatically or manually.

Any tips?

Back