Welcome Page on E1 Web Client

Terry Duffy

Well Known Member
Hi,

does anyone know how I can amend the Welcome page that E1 displays once you login to the web client (to the right of the menu pane).

We would like to use that big empty space to broadcast information to users (data test data last refreshed / help desk contact details / etc).

Modify the welcome.jsp file in this location.
\\jasserver\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\j2ee\dvj2ee\applications\dv81\webclient\taskexplorer\ui

This is how it works with OAS. May be different with JAS. Of course, you will want to apply this to your other path code/environments. The link above is only for DV.

Which client (portal, html) and release are we talking about. With Xe and owportal there are a couple of things you can do I believe.

Tried that Terry, one of the problems was that it cached the item and therefore wouldn't pick up any updates without a restart, thereby making the annoucements useless unless it was fairly static, looking at your requirement it could be OK. We gave up on it...

That was on 8.11 and it read the info from a text file. We wanted to use it to announce what each environment was being used for etc.

Thanks guys,

I have amended the welcome.jsp file and it works perfectly.

Sorry for the delay in responding and confirming your posts as I have been stricken by that deadly combination of man flu and pig flu or as I like to call it MCP flu (which some might say was highly appropriate).

We use Websphere and I edited the welcome.jsp file but the changes are not showing up on the main page. I have tried clearing temporary internet files and bounced the web instance where the changes were made. Any other ideas?

We are running 8.11 sp1 tools release 8.97.1.2, websphere 6.0 on windows 2003 servers.

Back