Security - read only APPLs and specific UBE's

kperry

Security - read only APPLs and specific UBE\'s

Hi all

I have a requirement to setup up a role with read only access to all APPLs but only allow specific UBE's to be run. I have the following in security workbook (role|object):

*ALL|YY for application (to ensure all APPLs are picked up)
*ALL|NNNYNN for action (to allow selects on all APPL's but no updates)

This by default prevents users OK'ing the printer screen when submitting UBE's.
As some UBE's are required, I have created:

P986162|YYYYYY action access, but now all UBE's can be run.

Is there anyway of setting up application security by type (i.e. allow run for all APPL's but not UBE's)??
Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

I have searched through other threads and using a read only ID against the database has been recommended, but the specific UBE's we need do need to be able to update the database, unfortunately!

Many thanks in advance

E811.1, Tools Release 6.10

Re: Security - read only APPLs and specific UBE\'s

This is a souped-up doors open model… Vanilla, you will not be able to accomplish your goal without individually excluding each UBE that is required with just security. I HIGHLY advise moving away from this approach…

One possible approach is to customize logic around a P986162|YYYYYY where a small table drives an inclusive list by user submitting. Note: You can’t use a clone and it is a dirty solution.

Again, I would advise moving away from this approach as other similar issues will arise.

Good luck.

Hi there

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I just thought I would add, that we have an overall *PUBLIC records for *ALL objects with NN (application), NNNNNN (action) (i.e. closed) but granting back access to specific roles.

This specific role requires read only access to a lot of APPLs and specific UBE's and hence the route we are 'attempting' to take.
Thanks again

Try row security over Object Librarian table using ranges of values to exclude everything except the individual UBEs.

See attachment.

Not elegant, but it works
smile.gif

Cheers,

Attachments

• 145231-row_sec.GIF
    145231-row_sec.GIF
    6.8 KB · Views: 102

Dear kperry,

Good day.

Kindly I want to know what exactly E811.1 means since I am working directly with 8.12.
I am waiting for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Back