JDE E1 Enterprise Server Failover (Cold)

Chris Quinn

For E1, Rel 8.12, Tools 8.97.2.1, WAS 6.1, Win 2003 Server I have a two Enterprise servers. One is active in production, and a secondary (idle) server that I want to 'failover' to. I can deploy packages, submit UBEs to the second Enterprise server. However, I am unable to execute interactive applications on the secondary server after stopping services on my production Enterprise server and restarting my web services. (I also add the second server as a security server in JAS.ini). My (WAS) webservers (2) are configured with a cluster of four nodes.

How do I 'point' my webservers to the secondary server? I don't see anywhere in Websphere where I would do this. Or can I just restart services on the second server?

Do I have a WAS issue or a configuration issue in JDE or ?

Thanks

Hope this is enough information - I would greatly appreciate assistance on this.

Chris,

Have you considered the default OCM mapping for object type BSFN in the System data source? It should point all BSFNs to the secondary server.

Cheers,

jdeKrnl,

I think that the default mapping for BSFN to the second server is a part of the solution. I added the default OCM BSFN mappings for the second EntServer last night, ended services on first Entserver and started services on second Entserver and still get the web client exception errors that occur when an EntServer connection is lost.

How does E1 even know to communicate with the first server on port 6014?

In the OCM mappings, do I need to change the first server BSFN mappings to NA inactive status? In the long run, I might want/need to use both servers simultaneously.

Getting close!

Thanks.

In the System 812 OCM for JPD812, BSFN, EnterpriseServer, setting the secondary flag to S and the Secondary Data Source to FailoverEntServerServer achieves the desired result. Web users' BSFN requests are processed on the failover server when the primary Enterprise Server's services are stopped.

Now for batch jobs, will the same steps need to taken for the Server Map OCMs?

Back