New Tools Release

klwong

Legendary Poster
I'm sure those of you using this have already gotten the notice, but just in case you haven't, there is a bug in 8.98.0.6 when running UBEs, and the fix is out today.

The interesting part is that while nosing around the Target Release Date screen, I saw that 8.98.1.0 has a projected release date of April 2009.

So I expect by the end of the month to be putting up my Windows 2008/SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Server with official support ...

Ken,

Out of curiosity, how did you find out that support for Windows 2008 would be coming out in tools release 8.98.1.0? Is this documented somewhere within Oracle?

Thanks,

The "EnterpriseOne Platform Statement of Direction" dated 11/12/08 shows that Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008 were planned for 8.98.1.0.

The SP24 Statement of Direction dated January 2009 has that support as a certainty, and I doubt they would put features into SP24 that they didn't have available in 8.98.1.
smile.gif

So, it's out today. Tools Release 8.98.1.0 is available for download on MetaLink 3 (soon to be My Oracle Support, if you believe the announcements).

Since I believe the announcement of the release should not be a big deal, I have attached it so you can see what they've officially added.

Also, they have set a release date for SP24 (which should contain much of the same stuff for Xe and ERP8) for some time in May.

Attachments

• 145488-enterpriseone tools 8.98 update 1 announcement (a2).doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 223
And in short order, they have now made SP24 available today.

Oddly, despite what the announcement says, the files available for download say 24.0.1 instead of 24.0.0.

Also, I don't see support for Internet Explorer 8, like 8.98.1.0 has.

Announcement attached.

Attachments

• 145578-enterpriseone tools 24 announcement (a2).doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 132
I could never understand the idea of running the latest and greatest on new software like IE. What is your business purpose for wanting to run IE 8? Do you have outside party running that is controlled by some upgrade happy microsoft admin which you have no control over ?

So you'd consider JD Edwards software to be the "latest and greatest" and IE to be the result of an "upgrade happy microsoft admin"?

[ QUOTE ]
I could never understand the idea of running the latest and greatest on new software like IE. What is your business purpose for wanting to run IE 8? Do you have outside party running that is controlled by some upgrade happy microsoft admin which you have no control over ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I am at a client who is rolling out current Microsoft stuff on their new infrastructure. Hence the interest in Windows 2008, SQL Server 2008, and IE 8.

Besides which, at some point, some people are going to ask when IE 8 is supported, and I figured I might as well report that as part of the news of the new Tools Releases.

Sorry for the threadjack, but some of you on older service packs (8.9/ 8.9.4 here) might be interested to know that IE 8 seems to work with earlier versions of the web client.

IE 7 didn't work at all for us - it was mangled on login.

Morglum

Back