Run Apps from Solution Explorer in 9.0

osinc

osinc

CNC Gurus:

Is it possible to setup 9.0 Standalone to run interactive applications that are not under lifecycle tools (example: item master P4101)? I know it is not supported, however it would be nice to enable solution explorer for speed and simplicity.

PS. I am using SSE for my 9.0 standalone

Thanks!
Osinc

[ QUOTE ]
CNC Gurus:

Is it possible to setup 9.0 Standalone to run interactive applications that are not under lifecycle tools (example: item master P4101)? I know it is not supported, however it would be nice to enable solution explorer for speed and simplicity.

PS. I am using SSE for my 9.0 standalone

Thanks!
Osinc

[/ QUOTE ]

Osinc - 9.0 client apps are intended to be run from a browser. Oracle has been modifying them to use powerforms, which have no windows equivilent. You're barking up the wrong tree.

- Gregg

Ditto what Gregg said about Power Forms. If the application you are trying to use has them, then don't bother trying to run them under Windows.

For everything else, though, search on these forums for threads pertaining to data item ANSIF (column name SIANSIF).
smile.gif

It won't matter that you are using SSE or Oracle on your StandAlone.

Hi,
Thanks for the responses!

Just curious - what happens if you run a "power form" appl under windows? Sorry, I am not technical enough to know the difference.

Also can you give me an example of a power form application?

Thanks in advance!!
-Osinc

I have never tried it, so I couldn't tell you. I am mainly technical, and application usage to me is like showing a cross to a vampire ...
smile.gif

One example of a Power-Form-enabled application, versus the original, is P4210 vs. P42101 (or so I'm told). Unfortunately, I've only ever seen screen shots, so the main difference to me looks like a bunch of buttons that do some functionality that was more manual before.

Back