OAS Web Server question

gregglarkin

gregglarkin

Legendary Poster
List

Two questions

1) Is anyone using OAS for their XE production webserver?

2) Under OAS (specifically XE), how do you set up the additional instances for pathcodes? For websphere, you run the JAS service pack a second time, plug in different values for the ports and it kind of takes care of the rest. How about the procedure for OAS?

Gregg (JDE old timer, redstack newbie)

Hi Gregg,

We're using OAS with our production ERP8 webserver (currently SP23_X1). I think that's close enough to be able to answer your question.

I'm not sure if this is the right way (I'm new to the OAS side as well) but this is how I did it on our development web server (haven't gotten around to doing additional Production instances yet).

Ran the JAS install and when prompted for the OC4J instance name I gave it a new name. For example I used the defaults from the install manual when installing the first instance JasOC4J and with the second instance I used JasOC4J2. Then when I got to the Application name during the install I used jasapp for the first instance (same as what the install manual had) and used jasapp2 for the second instance(wasn't sure if this needed to be different or not so I just made it different). Then as usual I tweaked the jas.ini, tnsnames.sql and the httpd.conf files to get everything to work properly.

Hopefully this is clear enough for you.
Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I'll give it a try. Apparently even Oracle doesn't have a procedure for this. I opened a service call and stumped them.

- Gregg

Geez ... you mean the Oracle guys can't even search their own MetaLink site? The document you want is #654858.1. It in turn leads to a Word document with the procedure.

Thanks Ken,

The document refers to 8.11, but it looks like the procedure will work with XE as well.

- Gregg

Back