File Format After 9.0 Conversion Plan - For Tables Not Converted

svl

ISeries V6R1, E-One 9.0 Tools 8.98.4, Webshpere 6.0

We are in process of an Xe to 9.0 conversion. Have successfully converted data multiple times, but are having issues with the file formats.

They are NOT causing issues in E-One. We have several tools built outside of JDE using RPG code and this is causing the programs to fail.

The converted files have the an SQL File Type of TABLE, while the non-converted files have a file level identifier. The converted files have new logical format (_1, _2, etc) while the non-converted have the old format (JA, JB, L1, etc). Another issue is the actual file format within the converted tables is now in the following format (F0006 = F0006) while the non-converted files are in the old format (F1201=I1201). I tested with F1201, generating the table manually, then copying the data from CRP into TEST and it changed the format and created all the logical (they were not there prior). This would be an option, but there are hundreds of tables in question… Has anyone encountered this before? Do you see any problems having a mix and match table formats? Thanks.

I was able to create a version of the R98403 that copied the table structure from Pristine, the data from CRPDTA and created/copied the table/data into TESTDTA for all the tables that were not converted but had data in them (about 100). It completed successfully in about 20 minutes.

Back