VOIDing transactions

mburnham

Hi all,

Very basic question - I started working with an old installation - B7333 (XE). Occasionally, we have to cancel transactions for various reasons. Our accounting people are entering opposite sign transactions to cancel, but this is not working well with another, attached system.

I'm not seeing any way to void transactions in the Customer Ledger Inquiry or Supplier Ledger Inquiry. I can see in the database that this should be possible - there's a "VOID REASON" column, but there's no button to do this.

Thanks for any help!!

- Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm supporting that same old release. This happens all the time. When we find a transaction that can't be voided through the application, we enter a change control request to have the DBAs void the transactions directly at the database level. They key here is that the DBAs have an approved document directing them to do the change. This gives the auditors a trail to follow.

- Gregg

To void a transaction, use the "Delete" option. JD Edwards will not delete posted invoice, but will mark them voided and create the needed gl transactions to back out the original entries made. If the invoice is not posted, then the "Delete" option removes the invoice entirely.

Thank you both.

Gregg, is it possible for you to tell me what your your DBA's do specifically to void these?

- Mark

Back