Scheduler Jobs Run Twice

StewartSchatz

StewartSchatz

Well Known Member
Since the Daylight Savings Time change, all of our scheduled jobs run twice. We have verified that the jobs are only scheduled to run once but the jobs run right after one another as if there was 2 entries in the F91320. We bring down services every week so it's not like that will fix it. I just can't seem to find a reason why they would run twice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a bug in the tools release. Check with Oracle. I believe it was fixed in 897.2.3 or 897.2.4.

Stewart - Interesting that it only started after the day light saving change. I have had this issue at a few clients and we used the information below to fix.

SOLUTION ID: 201076548 E1: SCHED: Scheduler jobs run twice when submitted

ISSUE:
In tools release 8.97.1.3 and newer (8.97.2.0 and 8.97.2.1), there's an Interactive Version of P91300 (created by the customer), which exhibits strange behavior: Every job that's scheduled to run within that version gets submitted twice, regardless of the recurrence, creating 2 correct PDF files, with both jobs ending successfully.

For instance, if the scheduled batch job ID is 76153, in Work with Submitted Jobs (WSJ) you'll see 2 job IDs: 76152 and 76153. The cloned job always has an ID of 1 number less, and while the cloned job is being processed, the original one (e.g. 76153) stays in waiting status. As mentioned previously; in the end both jobs end successfully.

SOLUTION:
The SAR that originally caused this issue was # 8789122, which was addressing an issue with XML Publisher.

The POCs that fix Scheduler will be entered into Tools Releases 8.97.2.3 and 8.98.0.1. Customers on affected releases who need resolve this issue and are unable to upgrade their tools release should have an IAR opened to request a POC for their platform/OS version/tools release.
This is fixed in Tools Release 8.97.2.3 and 8.98.x.

It only started happening after Daylight Savings Time started? Because I know of an issue with 8.97.2.0 on the AS/400 where this combination specifically had a problem with submitting scheduled jobs twice. But I had the issue last year, after Daylight Savings Time was over.

This sounds too much like the same issue though, so you probably want to contact Oracle and ask for the "POC" for 8.97.2.0 that addresses scheduled jobs submitting twice. They will make you fill out a form, justifying why you need/want this POC fix. The file winds up being an update to JDEKRNL.

Ken,
Thanks a lot for the response. You got me on the right track in searching on Oracle Support. For some reason my first searches didn't turn up anything. Anyway, it's Oracle Support Doc ID 664390.1. Looks like I can either update the Tools Release or request the POC.

Thanks again!

Back