Printing output

jfrey

Hi

Can somebody explain me, how do I create a printed output for the structure of a database?
For example, I would like to see all Data Item Name, field descriptons, length of fields and numeric/text ....

Thanks for any help

B7333 , Demo, W2000

Jörg Frey

Use the Cross Reference Facility (P980011 from Menu GH902).

You must FIRST run the Rebuild Relationships UBE (R980011 | XJDE0005) first. Be aware though that the rebuild job MUST be run locally on a workstation. They will not run on the server (at least not in Xe). I've confirmed this with JDE. To save time, you can create your own version of R980011 and select only the tables you're interested in.

Once the rebuild completes, you can then run the Cross Reference Facility (P980011 from Menu GH902), select the "Tables" tab, key in your table and display all that info you were looking for. If you're interested, the table/field relationships are kept in the F980021 file in library COxx7333 (where xx is the path code the rebuild was run over).

OneWorld Xe SP15_010 - AS/400 V4R5 - Central Objects on AS/400

Hi Jörg,

Do you want this list in general for Data Dictionary or for a Table?

In the second case you can use the P80010 – Table Columns Browse application but check out the ott-00-0058 - Browse OneWorld Table Definitions documentation from the Knowledge Garden for the required prereq settings.

In general the best practice is to investigate the original Data Dictionary application (with FDA) to figure out which informations in which fields are stored in which tables. Based on these informations you can create your own applications and reports.

Excuse me that I do not describe it more detailed, it would be too long (mainly in time).

In the ancient time (B7321, B7331) we have created a DD Browser application helping to find the best DD Items for our need (etc. Type, Size, System Code, Decimal Places, Name, Alias, etc.). If you really need some information/help about it then please, let me know and when I will have enough time, I will make some screen shots (e.g. Form) and printed info (e.g. Event Rules, Business Views) about it and will send to you (or put it here as an attachment).

Have a good time investigating the Data Dictionary application :)

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Zoltan_Gyimesi on 6/13/01 11:56 AM.</FONT></P>

Back