Default menu problem

JoelS

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on that forum. I have been reading for a long time your discussions and i have to say that you help my in some problems.

Now i'm working with jde 8.12. I'm creating new users in the system and i want they to only see a custom menu we had created.

I inform the menu id on the users profile with the name of that menu but when i log in again jde continu showing the general menu (favorites, end-user task, enterprise one menu...)

what i do wrong?

thanks everyone!

As I replied in another thread (only yesterday):

[ QUOTE ]
... the approach for all versions centers on using menu design and menu filtering through Solution Explorer, and the role (or multiple roles) assigned to a user when you set them up.

This topic is far too lengthy to go into in this forum. There are several good articles in JDETips (including a series by Mr. Solution Explorer Guy), as well as the System Administration manuals from Oracle.

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, the default menu field in the User Profile application ceased to have any meaning after 8.10. You have to use a combination of Solution Explorer security, secured Task Views, and the above-mentioned menu design and filtering to acheive what you want.

you may want to try creating row security on the F9001 task relationships table, locking down the task relatioship type for a range of values matching the JDE default menu task view codes, then explicitly grant access to the relationship type for the range of values matching your custom menus. This works best when your custom menu task views are numbered in a way that that they stay together when sorting by relationship type.

[ QUOTE ]
....This topic is far too lengthy to go into in this forum. There are several good articles in JDETips (including a series by Mr. Solution Explorer Guy)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the "shout out." I wrote that article quite a while ago, long before the 8.12 world. I was just having a conversation this morning about updating our menu standards to adopt best practices for Solution Explorer menuing. We started to migrate to Solution Explorer, and then dropped the project leaving us stuck in the middle on XE with some users on Solution Explorer, and the rest on OneWorld Explorer.

The challenge with Solution Explorer, if you have a lot of groups like we do, is how to organize it as flat as possible so your users don't have to dig four layers down, just to get to their primary menu. Using Row security as Laurie Smoot just mentioned might be one good solution. I need to play around with it and come up with some new recomendations. Might even be good material for Mr. Solution Explorer Guy to come out of retirement for...

Gregg "Mr. Solution Explorer Guy" Larkin

Back