Install the version 8.12 DEMO (connect Web Server)

Renato Soldi

Hello,

I'm installing the JDE EnterpriseOne version 8.12 DEMO in my machine. I access the program correct, but when I clicking in the "Tools -> EnterpriseOne Menu", the message "Could not start web server" is shown.

I installed the sql Server2000 and copied the files with the extensions ".jar" to the path "C:\E812\MISC", but the same error persists.

Could any of you help me with this subject?

Attachments

• 144445-ErrorJDEEnterpriseOne.jpg
    144445-ErrorJDEEnterpriseOne.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 83
Can you upload your jdbj.ini? It could be configured to look for the SQL2005 JDBC driver instead of the SQL2000 you installed.

This could be many things, but most of them are related to the Post Installation Tasks starting on page 17 of the revised installation manual for 8.12 StandAlone (page 21 of the Word file).

You have talked about putting the SQL Server JDBC JAR files to E812\MISC, but that is not the correct location. You should also make sure about your ODBC entry, INI files, and JDK version as specified in the rest of that section of the manual.

By the way, this assumes that you have the version of 8.12 StandAlone that has Tools Release 8.97 with it. Most of the same applies if you got the one with 8.96 in it, but the manual and directions are slightly different.

There are also a set of "Workaround Instructions" for 8.12 StandAlone to supplement the regular manual on MetaLink 3.

Back