JDEdwards E1 9.0 Install on Oracle RAC

rajeshagrawal

Hello Experts,

I have a question as regards to JDEdwards E1 9.0 installation on Oracle RAC. I have couple of Nodes in my configuration (Node1 & Node2) and my database name is JDEPROD. Now my question is, When I define Datasources under E1, What value I need to define under field "Database Server Name"?? Is it Node1 or Node2 or something else.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Regards,
Rajesh

I don't know anything about Oracle, however, on a MS Windows DB cluster there is a cluster name. For example jdedbnode1, jdedbnode2 are the node names but the cluster name is jdedb. Is there anything like that in the Oracle RAC setup?

Hello Jeremy,

I am also new to Oracle RAC and do not have much information. But my understanding is that it is going to see the tnsnames.ora file and then will redirect the request to any online instance.

Regards,
Rajesh

In short it DOESN'T matter.

JDE isn't looking at the database server name if you're running Oracle. All the config is done in your tnsnames file. So you can put anything you want in for the database server name. I actually just pick node 1 of the RAC and use that.

JDE only really cares about the instance name. See example below:

JDEPROD =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node1)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node2)(PORT = 1521))
(LOAD_BALANCE = yes)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = JDEPROD)
)
)

put the hoststring from the tns names in the database data sources

Hey Colin,

Thanks a ton for clarifying the doubt. I was also thinking on the same lines and this gives me great confidence.

Truely appreciate your time and suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Rajesh

Thanks.. I will try out with one of the host name in the database database sources.

Regards,
Rajesh

Back