Move OneWorld to a New Server

mjf

Well Known Member
Hi all

We currently have a OneWorld Xe system which is running a single division of our business. Basically we moved away from OneWorld 4 years ago but this division remains on OneWorld awaiting migration into our current systems. We are having an issue with the hardware that it is currently running on and as you can imagine I am a bit rusty about what I will have to do to move it. If possible, I would appreciate if somebody could verify what I need to do. The steps I propose to take are as follows:

1) Move the oracle database. Install oracle 8.1.6 on the new server with the Oracle home in the same place as the old hardware. Shut down the instance cleanly on the old server and move all the datafiles, pfiles etc to the new server in the same directory structure. The disks on the new server will be partitioned the same as the old server. Use Oradim to create the new service pointing to the moved database files. Configure a listner for the new database. Configure tnsnames files for clients. Anything else?

2) From within the database alter the server name on the F98611 table (SYS7333 and SVM7333) to point the datasources at the new server. This step will also need to be done on the deployment server within the Access databases (planner etc)

3) Install Visual Studio 6 SP5 on the new server. Copy the JDEdwards/ddp directory structure to the new server. Install the net and queue services. (What's the command for this?)

Anything else I have missed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Marty

Re: point #3, I would install a minimal set of files from the Enterprise Server installation CD first (just System/Foundation and Pristine). Then I would copy over the DDP files and directories from the old server.

The command to install services is JDESNET -I (that is letter "eye" and not letter "el", all those who remember that confusion in the old manuals, raise your hands), and JDESQUE -I.

The other points look OK.

Thanks for that Ken. Re the installation of "a minimal set of files from the Enterprise Server installation CD", is this to get the registry setting in place? I believe in the past I have just exported the registry settings for the application server from the old server and imported into the new machine. Would this achieve the same thing?

Back