Need help with install of SP23_X1

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
HI,

I am trying to install SP23_X1. I downloaded them through Change Assistant, renamed the .par file to a .zip. I have extracted the file and I ran the Install Manager. Now comes the part that is killing me. I am following the instructions for the Multi-founddation. It says to do the FTP to the AS400. I get to the part where it says 'put system' but I am getting a file not found. I did a dir and it lists the file there with the KRNLSPEC. Neither file will transfer over to the 400. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks
STephanie

Attachments

• 144336-FTPCommand.gif
    144336-FTPCommand.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 95
A couple of little things only:

- You don't need to type out the full path. You are already in that path.
- You don't need to type SYSTEM.CAB. The file is simply named SYSTEM. So you only need to type "put SYSTEM" and that will do it.
- I don't know if you noticed, but you had a typo when you did KRNLSPEC. You left out the last "C".

Let us know if this worked for you.

I have tried just system, then System and then SYSTEM before I even tried the system.cab. Nothing seemed to work. I did a DIR and it listed SYSTEM as a file. When I went from SP22 to SP23_G1 I didn't have any of these issues. Any one else have an issue with this?

When I first downloaded from the Change Assistant, I put it in the JDE folder but I was having an issue with it thinking there was another job running. I had to move it out of the JDE folder and place it above it.

I have tried again after rebooting. I am still having the same issue. It tells me that the system file is not there even though I do a DIR and it lists both files.

Attachments

• 144382-FTPCommand.gif
    144382-FTPCommand.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 97
I can't tell from your attachment if the files you're trying to FTP exist in the source directory D:\Disk_AS400. Your FTP client is saying it can't find the source file on your local disk, not that the file doesn't exist on the AS/400.

I was able to get the FTP to work. Even though I ran the install manager in a folder under the D:, when I did the FTP, I drilled down inside the JDEOneWorld folders. This seems to work.

Every step of this install is turning out to be very difficult. I didn't have the same issues with SP23_G1.

Right now I am at the part where it says to do the RSTLIB of B7334SYS to a new system library. I just did this but it brought down production environment. I had to do a restore of our B7334sys library to get it back. I will have to wait until after working hours to complete this.

If you are not doing a multi-foundation install, then the directions right at the beginning (step #2 of the AS/400 directions), tell you to ENDNET and CLRIPC, so you must perform your install with users out of the system.

Back