multiple JDE.INI management tool/BAT

jjanowski

jjanowski

Well Known Member
Any applications/.BAT programs out there that suppot JDE.INI management on fat clients?

Example:
I have a fat client with DV, PY, SB installed and I need to manually copy (JDE_DV.INI to use DV, JDE_PY.INI to use PY, JDE_SB.INI to use SB) into JDE.INI under the directory.

Anyone have anything or do we have to write one ourselves?

Use the utility that comes with EnterpriseOne fat clients - SnapShot.exe. It is located in the C:\e811\system\bin32 folder. Use it carefully though. It can mess things up if you don't know what you're doing. Also, as you can see, I am using 811 w/SP1. I don't know if it comes with 812.

One thing I've done in the past is make my desktop shortcut point to a .bat file. the pseudocode is below (I call it pseudocode because I'm not at a PC with JDE loaded):

rem copy correct ini
copy y:\path\jde_xx.ini x:\jde.ini
rem start JDE
activeConsole.exe

Hope this helps

Tom

Attached is Tom's working solution...

Extracting the files/example directories into your root C: will make this application work.

Attachments

• 144360-INIDriver.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 118
Of course 3 JDE login short cuts are still too difficult… So here is the BAT for an input driven 1 Bat, 1 Login shortcut… (Using DOS Choice command)

ECHO You need to select an INI A = SB, B = PY, C = DV

CHOICE /C ABC
IF ERRORLEVEL 3 GOTO iniDV
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 GOTO iniPY
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO iniSB
ECHO You pressed the Escape key

GOTO End
:iniDV
REM copy correct ini
copy C:\DesktopExample\Directory\INIDrivers\jde_DV.ini C:\DesktopExample\Directory\jde.ini
REM start JDE
C:\DesktopExample\Directory\activeConsole.exe
ECHO DV INI copied, JDE will now start.
PAUSE
GOTO End

:iniPY
REM copy correct ini
copy C:\DesktopExample\Directory\INIDrivers\jde_PY.ini C:\DesktopExample\Directory\jde.ini
REM start JDE
C:\DesktopExample\Directory\activeConsole.exe
ECHO PY INI copied, JDE will now start.
PAUSE
GOTO End

:iniSB
REM copy correct ini
copy C:\DesktopExample\Directory\INIDrivers\jde_SB.ini C:\DesktopExample\Directory\jde.ini
REM start JDE
C:\DesktopExample\Directory\activeConsole.ex
ECHO SB INI copied, JDE will now start.
PAUSE
:End

Back