If Statment with variables created by me in xml publisher

PauloDarte

Hy People.. I created 2 variables with values of data elements of xml , in this case taxes. What i want to do is

if var 1 < var2
LowerValue=var1
HigherValue=var2
else
HigherValue=var1
LowerValue=var2

I read a lot of stuff but cant solve this problem! Someone can help me? I cant do if's statements with variables! what i done to test was do an if statements like "if var1<var2" (i gave values to the 2 variables to have sure that the if its true) and inside of if statement i put a get to show the value of the variables but nothing appears! if i put the get outside the if i see that variables have a value but inside of the if statement don't work! can't figure out why.

Someone Have a Solution? tks

Hy David , Tks for the url , it was very helpfull! but i have some doubts yet! my problem is! i have a section (tax summary ) where i have 2 values! i put this values into 2 variables but i dont know why the variables dont work with choose when otherwise. i only can put this statement works with parameters! its any change to put the values of vat into 2 parameters. since i have 2 values i try to declare the first parameter outside of foreach to catch first value , and declare other parameter inside of the for each to catch second and last value but both parameters stay with the first vaLUE! if i do this procedure with variable it works but when i try to do choose when otherwise with variables it doesnt work! it dont works! my conclusion is that i need to work with paRAMeters! i can do all that i want except the most important. put the first value(summary_tax_rate) of the section in one parameter , and the second value in other parameter to prior compare both parameters with choose when otherwise statment! Some help ? i apreciate a lot!

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for interest to our product. We are ready to answer all your questions at our forum.

Regards,
Earl Grau
XLS PE developer

Back