Accounts Payable Checks with Bi Publisher

shadow4412

When we try to pull the XML for the R04572 we get an error stating the following;-
<ERROR>
<ErrorMessage_ID0>No Data Selected</ErrorMessage_ID0>
</ERROR>
</R04572>
I am missing something in the process? I follow the same process I used for creating the Template for R00921 Security Report and it worked, but for R04572 I get the error. I have not been able to find anything in the manuals or online that would point me to the issue.

The issue is that we are trying to build a new format and pull the existing check format into XML so we can edit it to create a new check format.

<font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> The issue is that we are trying to build a new format and pull the existing check format into XML so we can edit it to create a new check format.
<font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

Attachments

• 143506-R04572 XML.doc
    104.5 KB · Views: 167
Would it be possible to have someone create a check run for you with different vouchers? You will want various types, including some that run over the number of lines on the stub so you can test what happens in that scenario.

As it is, it doesn't look like there was anything in this check run.

I'm a little confused on how the process works with Checks. Do we run the process up to a specific point then try to build the XML? Does anyone have the steps for creating the XML to be used in the RTF Template to format a new check document?

Which E1 version and Tools Release are you using? In general, you should run the UBE like normal so you have some data to go with the XML. Then you can take the XML and work on it with the Template Word plug-in.

The setup will differ depending on which Tools Release you are using.

Ken, I think what you are saying is to go through th entire check run and produce the Check PDF. I have done that but I'm not sure how that is going to populate the R04572|xxxxxVersion to allow me to run the XML processes P95600 and P95620 in order to pull the info into the RTF format so we can redesign the check format to meet our requirements.

You say you are trying to build new format?. Is the report renamed or you modified the existing format?. There are multiple UBEs called before the final check print UBE.
Are you able to run the same UBE and check normally?.
if you renamed the object then ask your functional guy to setup in the check print.

Chan

We can do a normal check run and everything is good. The issue is we want to use the XML Publisher to design a new check format

Have you seen the manual for BI Publisher and Tools Release 8.98? The "embedded" process overview on page 7 (page 25 of the PDF) provides a good outline of the procedure.

Basically:
1) Create a blank template file with the Template Builder.
2) Create a definition for the template, and associate it with the UBE.
3) Run the whole check process through to get an XML file from the R04572.
4) Grab the XML file, and create your masterpiece in the Template Builder.
5) Update any other BI Publisher criteria (bursting, output type, E-mail delivery) and upload your spiffed up template to replace the blank you defined at the start.
6) Test ... Modify ... Test again ... repeat until satisfied ... :)

Score, Thank you very much for your assistance Ken. I was able to successfully pull the XML this morning and have began working on the new Check Format.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the manual for BI Publisher and Tools Release 8.98? The "embedded" process overview on page 7 (page 25 of the PDF) provides a good outline of the procedure.

Basically:
1) Create a blank template file with the Template Builder.
2) Create a definition for the template, and associate it with the UBE.
3) Run the whole check process through to get an XML file from the R04572.
4) Grab the XML file, and create your masterpiece in the Template Builder.
5) Update any other BI Publisher criteria (bursting, output type, E-mail delivery) and upload your spiffed up template to replace the blank you defined at the start.
6) Test ... Modify ... Test again ... repeat until satisfied ... :)

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmm.. This may tell me what I am doing wrong for EFT Advices. I Was trying to create (and I thought I was successful) without doing the first two steps. I did get an XML file, but it was garbage. One thing. When select printer settings, for the "Write" from Work with Payment Control Groups, do you have to specify OSA as XML?

We are planning to completely replace Create!Forms with BI Publisher.

Back