How to simulate Reprint at Page Break In BI

PlanetOneWorld

Hi,

Is it possible to reprint a Level break header section for a new page when the Reprint at Page Break option is turned on in the UBE?

I have checked the XML file but I do not see any field that could trigger this action.

TIA
Satish
8.12|8.98, OAS 10.1.3.3, SQL 2005

Hi,

I think it's not possible to have this information in your xml source data.

What is you need?
Do you need to have the same page formatting as PDF do
or do you just need to reprint your RTF template header in
every page ?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. If you see the JDE Invoice PDF, we have the Level Break Header Section on Payment Terms which prints information like the Sold To Address, Ship To Address, Order/Invoice Details etc. Now if the invoice has more lines and goes beyond page 1, in JDE we automatically print this section just by turning on the section property "Reprint at Page Break". I want PDF from BI also to do the same thing. But the XML source code does not show any info regarding this reprint, so I am unable to make this happen.

Thanks,
Satish

It's quite simple to do that with XMLP.You have to
create your header into the RTF and mark it with the
"template" placeholder.
Then place the "call" tag into the word header; everytime
the page change it will be automatically printed.

Should look like this one :

<?call:header?>
-------------End Header-------------

<?template:header?>
header tag
<?end template?>

<?for-each@section:On Payment Terms?>
detail here
<?end for-each?>

I'll send you also a RTF that I've created as a
basic template.

Bye

Hello,

You could also put your header in a table and in the file properties of the table indicate "Repeat like header in each page".

I have a bit of the opposite problem - I have the page header printing when the number of lines goes over to another page but it is also producing a blank page when there are no more details.

How do I stop printing the header when there are no more detail lines to print?

Back