Translated XML tag issue

sarienti

Hi all,

Did someone find a problem with header column tags?

I have used the R014021 to reproduce the issue.
In the first example I run the report using a user ID
set with default language, in the second example I run the same report using user id set to italian language.

The R014021 uses a columnar section and the result is that for column headers ,for which an override exists, the XML tag stays the same but the content is translated based on the user language, ex:
DEFAULT : < Alpha_Name_ID23>Alpha Name </Alpha_Name_ID23 >
ITALIAN : <Alpha_Name_ID23 > Nome Ricerca</ Alpha_Name_ID23>

For column headers without override, the result is that both XML tag and content are translated. ex:
DEFAULT : < Phone__Number_ID40> Phone Number</ Phone__Number_ID40>
ITALIAN: < Numero__Telefono_ID40 >Numero Telefono</ Numero__Telefono_ID40 >

For group sections UBE, the behaviour is that both XML tag and content are always translated.

Thanks

Stefano
--------------
E8.12 TR8.97.2.3

Hi Stefano,

I experienced the same issue as you describe. With a different language though.
I made some vocabulary overrides to different batches (R43500, R5531415 i.e.).
When I run the reports with the User Language set to default (Domestic Language) the XML output is as it should be and the template for BI Publisher works fine. When I try to run the batch with user language set to i.e. DU (Dutch) or F (French), the tags get the translated words as well as the value of the headers.
Strange this is I tried to change the domestic vocabulary, and when I run the batch with user language set to default (blank) the xml output is fine again.
It only seems to be this way when the user language changes. When I run a batch which receives the language preference from a Sold To address, it works fine. But when I run the same batch with the User Language set to a different language it gets all scrambled.
Funny thing is that it only happens to specifically changed language overrides. Standard JDE overrides work fine.

Seems to me as if it's somesort of bug in JDE.
Did you find a sollution for this problem in the meentime?

Please get back to me on this issue!

Thanks in advance!

@anyone else: if you experienced this or know the sollution, please post your comments! Thanks!

Best regards,

Willem
The Netherlands

Hi all,

I've experienced the exact same issue.
In my ube, the problem occured with the Report Constants.

in my humble opinion this is a correct behaviour, because Report constants are not variables which contain a value.

Hence why the tags are translated.

I solved this is issue by adding Report Variables and assigning Text variables to my Report Variables.

text variables will be translated via Vocabulary Overrides.
But the tags of the Report Variables will no longer be translated.

kind regards,
David

We have the same issue and there is an enhancement request for it: Bug 11018177 : XMLP TEMPLATE FOR LANGUAGES.
I think the tag name should be default language, not translated. The value can be translated.
My workaround is to put 2 languages' tag name on the RTF template.

Back