Env and Excel Output Issues

sheeba

Reputable Poster
We are experiencing two strange issues with BI Publisher.

1. If we make any change to DEV for BI (P95620) - PROD gets effected too. For example if we change the outgoing email id in DEV - PROD sends it to the email set in DEV. This is making it impossible to test changes in DEV env. And BI requires all 3 env set the same for BI for anything to work in PROD as required.
2. When using an rtf template, if the output is directed to Excel in BI - it creates huge excel files. For example if JDE creates 2MB file , BI creates 20MB files for the same JDE output. This is causing it difficult to email any outputs to customers.

I have calls open with Oracle on both - but surprisingly(or not) the response is too slow.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any tips for this will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sheeba

Your first issue may be due to a default environment setting in your .ini file. If the default is set to DEV, then any changes in DEV for BIP will affect all environments. If your production is on a separate server, then that .ini. file can be setup with a different default environment (PD). You can explore your options with Oracle. It is my understanding this will be 'fixed'.

All RD tables (F9562x) are accessed using environment defined in your enterprise ini file.
So if you have setted up DEV environment any changes made to report definition/template in DEV will affect all environments.

For test purpose it's better to use/define different template and report definition.

Oracle says that this "feature" is now considered as a "bug" and they working on.

Stefano

yep - you guys are right - I heard the same from Oracle and my other friends working in BI too. Now We have Dev pointing Dv and PD pointing to PD on the server jde.ini and that solved the problem. thanks all for your timely help.

Back