CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act) requirements and OW/E1

doylehamilton

Our company produces and sells consumer goods....we are one of the lucky manufacturers that will fall directly under the regulation requirements that will be coming with the looming CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act).

In a nutshell, it is our interpretation that we will be required to provide full certification documentation for all outgoing sales/shipments to our customers, based upon manufacturing date of the individual components…that includes the certification documentation of the finished goods AND components as well.

That potentially means we will need to turn on full lot control in OW/E1 to enable the tracking required...we're prepared for that. What I'm looking for is any feedback from other OW/E1 shops that are facing the certification and documentation requirements under the CPSIA--how are you handling the documentation requirements and relating them to the lot/item information in OW/E1 where the detail sales information exists? Are there any third party application providers that plug in directly to OW/E1 that offer an off-the-shelf solution for the document retention and imaging?

OW Xe
Update 8
Service Pack 23

I have been speaking with numerous customers facing this, and I truly believe that some sort of users group should be started for this. I will be talking to advocates in Denver to see if they will join. I am looking at the easiest way this can be done, but quite simply is is cloning the FDA QA regulations. QC and lot control, no compositing allowed, so it has to be at the color/content level, and then the harder task of what is "child accessible" and what is not. Even reusable storage like bags or container boxes deemed to be reused with the toy or whatever are subject, so then you may have to validate the container right along with it.

I will be reaching out to all our customers to tell them about this thread!

Tony Brackett - iConsortium

Back