Create Director Output issue

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
Setting up scripts in CreateForm Director (we are also using CreateStream heavily with no problems), but an encountering an error with even the simplest script.

To try to trouble shoot the issue, i create a simple script that takes a pdf and puts in a local folder. When the script runs it fails with a 'OS error code 3'.

I have looked at security as the issue but I seemed to be logged on to this server with Admin authority, its a folder I created, and a script I created.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

What version of Cdirector and CformServer are you running? Is CstreamServer running on this same server?

I think I've had this error before but need to look back through notes to be sure. On your CformServer go to the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86 - what's the version of CfPrint.dll (right-click on the DLL, select properties then look at the version tab)?

Karen.

Problem solved. The issue was in the Send dialog box. I have defined the name of the output file just by keying in a hard coded name. When I selected the expression builder and keyed in the hardcoded name that way, it put double quotes around it and it works.

So apparently when you key in a value without quotes, it didn't know what to do and how to interpret it.

Motto of the story is always use the expression builder when there is one and you won't have these syntax type of errors.

Back